Home World News 2 year-old girl dies ‘after eating poison-laced biscuit intended for dog’

2 year-old girl dies ‘after eating poison-laced biscuit intended for dog’

0

A two-year-old girl has died after reportedly eating a poison-laced cookie that was intended for a dog.

Heidy Valeria died after suffering two respiratory arrests in the municipality of Tototlan in the Mexican state of Jalisco on February 3.

The young girl ate part of the allegedly poisoned cookie and was taken to a nearby hospital on February 1.

Council general secretary Epigmenio Carrillo said the cause of the intoxication is still unconfirmed.

READ ALSO:   Newly married National Assembly staff slumps, dies on staircase

According to the news site Telediario Mexico, the girl suffered two respiratory arrests while doctors battled to save her life, eventually passing away two days later.

The news site reported that a ‘pet’ was also poisoned but it was not known if the incidents were connected.

A local resident said: ‘The truth is, the news has shocked the whole town. In fact, social media erupted when it became known what had happened.’

READ ALSO:   Petrol Tank Installer Dies While Working In Ilorin

On social networks, Tototlan residents expressed their shock and claimed the girl had been poisoned by someone targeting the family dog.

Carrillo could not confirm the allegation, and said the authorities would make an announcement as soon as the facts had been established.

 

Follow Us on Facebook – @LadunLiadi; Instagram – @LadunLiadi; Twitter – @LadunLiadi; Youtube – @LadunLiadiTV for updates

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here