‘It’s A Sick Hoax’: Robert Redford Confirms He DID NOT Die From ‘A Tragic Golfing Accident’

    Robert Redford was the subject of a ‘sick’ hoax on New Year’s
    Eve. News spread quickly over Twitter on Thursday that the 79-year-old screen
    legend had died in a tragic golfing accident in Santa Monica, California. But a
    rep for Redford confirmed later that same day that the actor and director is
    still very much alive and was the victim of an internet hoax.
    Various Twitter feeds announced on Thursday that the
    Sundance Kid had fallen from his golf buggy during an early morning golf session
    in Southern California. But soon after the fake news broke a rep for Redford
    confirmed she had spoken to the actor that very same day.
    ‘This is a sick hoax. I just spoke to him and there is no
    truth to this whatsoever,’ Redford’s publicist, Cindi Berger, said. She said
    the actor was at home and fine.

      

    In the roughly 15 minutes in which the hoax report spread
    like wildfire on Twitter, posters tweeted their sadness, calling Redford an
    icon, a ‘looker in his day’ and a ‘proper star.’
    There was no comment from Redford himself, who is not on
    Twitter or Instagram.
    The hoax originated with a fake Sky Breaking News Twitter
    account, which has only 170 followers, and a total of nine tweets. The same
    feed previously perpetuated other death hoaxes including, John Travolta’s
    demise.

    Follow Us on Facebook – @LadunLiadi; Instagram – @LadunLiadi; Twitter – @LadunLiadi; Youtube – @LadunLiadiTV for updates

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here